立即註冊
查看: 437|回復: 1

Thanks for One Dollar 一塊錢的感恩

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2018-12-30 16:05:29 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Thanks for One Dollar

Author :Chang Kai-Chi      張開基

translation:北展昭

In Hanoi, the capital of North Vietnam, the lives of the general public were still somewhat backward compared with those in Taiwan. The streets were full of "locomotives", and there are many very small roadside food stalls. The hawkers mostly sell some vegetables, fruits or daily necessities, and they were very hard to sell, earning a little profit and making a living; or women picking up some fruits and vegetables grown by themselves; traveling long distances to the city to sell, earning a little money to make up Household.

The living cost of North Vietnam was very low. The price of native fruits was very cheap. Like the pineapple, the size was not big. Some wild ones may only be as big as Pomelo.

However, the sweet and sour taste is moderate, there was no fiber stuffing, it was delicious, and the roadside was usually sold. After peeling, you can hold it directly, about 10,000 VND can buy 3, equivalent to NT$14, one less than 5 yuan (1 Taiwan dollar can be exchanged for 700 VND, 100 yuan is 70,000 rupiah)

When visiting the oldest and most large-scale "town temple" in Hanoi, next to the "West Lake" of "Hanoi", there were many hawkers selling fixed-point gold paper and special products, and some were picking up a hawker selling fruit;

We were waiting for the local tour guide to arrange a visit. There was a young woman who picked wild pineapples with a bamboo pole and tried to sells to us. One basket was with complete fruits and the other side was sliced fruits, still retaining some leaves on the fruits. However, I was afraid that it was not hygienic, and I did not like to leave the juice residue on my hands. If there was no place to wash my hands nearby; the sticky feeling is unpleasant, so of course, I have not bought ------

This woman was a little embarrassed, and had not bothered our members, just looking at us with a smile and seeing if anyone will cross her with her? The drunkenness and the leader of the team saw that she was somewhat panting, and she curiously tried to pick her burden, and said in unison: "Oh! It’s really heavy!"; The hawker could say a little Chinese y: "quite heavy! I had to take a long way to enter the city from the countryside". then she took the initiative to open the neckline, let us look at the shoulders of her neck, the old scars that have just been endured, all of which were left over for years. Seeing people picking up the burden, the reality was very laborite"

Asked her to agree to take a few photos, she was very generous, but did not take the initiative to ask for a tip, she did not ask us to buy her pineapple.

I carefully took out a dollar bill from my bag and not let others see it, nor let the hawker embarrassed, rolled into a small volume and sneaking it into her hands. She wants to give the pineapple, I gently shake my hand; she hesitated for a moment, finally understood what we mean, thank you very humble, and thank you for being drunk, we shook my head gently, and asked her not to thank!

As a result, when we visited the ancient temple, we forgot about this little thing, and actually met her again. She began to thank us once again but let us be very embarrassed, though one USA dollar can buy 6 small pineapples.  In the morning, the same amount tip would also be left in the room. For our tourists, there is really nothing. I really can’t afford so much of her thankfulness.

As a result, when I got on the tour bus and was about to leave, I was sitting at the window of the bus. I saw her searching in our car with eyes. She saw me and nodded silently. I waved at her but didn’t dare to Look at her again ----- because my heart was really get touched, in fact, it is really a small matter for us because of  that little bit of money, but it made her feel thankful, it is really mixed a lot of indescribable feelings, really, we  I can't help her with anything. There must be a lot of such kindness in this world; people who need help and know how to be grateful, but we can never do enough. How can we afford her thankfulness?

In this case, I also met once in the vicinity of "Poka Lake" in Nepal. It was also a mixed feeling, so that I couldn't finish the dinner that day----this encountering, I will talk about it next time.

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

登錄/註冊後可看大圖

樓主| 發表於 2018-12-30 16:07:58 | 顯示全部樓層
一塊錢的感恩

作者:張開基

在北越首都「河內」,一般庶民生活跟台灣相比,還算是有些落後的,街道上都是「機車大軍」在橫衝直撞,還有許多非常小的路邊飲食攤,更多用扁擔肩挑交易的小販,大都是販賣一些蔬菜、水果或者日用品之類的,非常辛勞的叫賣,賺點蠅頭小利謀生;或者是婦女挑一些自家種植的蔬果;長途跋涉來都市中販售,賺點小錢貼補家用。

北越的物價很低,土產的水果價錢很便宜,像土鳳梨,個頭不大,有些野生的可能只有文旦這麼大,但是,酸甜適中,沒有纖維塞牙,還算可口,路邊叫賣的通常削皮去刺,可以手拿著直接食用的,大約一萬越南盾可以買3顆,折合台幣大約14元,一顆還不到5元台幣(1元台幣可換700越南盾,100元就是70000盾)

在參觀「河內」最古老也是較具規模的「鎮國古寺」時,旁邊就是「河內」的「西湖」,有許多販賣香燭金紙和特產品的固定位置的小販,也有一些則是挑著扁擔叫賣水果的小販;

我們正在等候當地導遊去安排參觀之際,有一個用扁擔挑著野生鳳梨的年輕婦女,向我們推銷,一邊籮筐是帶皮的,另一邊是削好的,保留著尾端的一些葉片,方便手拿,但是,我怕不衛生,又不喜歡吃完果汁殘留在手上,如果附近沒地方洗手;黏黏的那種不快感覺,所以,當然沒有買------

這位婦女有些靦腆,也沒一直糾纏我們團員,只是和氣的笑著望著我們看看有沒有人會跟她交關?醉嫂和領隊小姐看她有些氣喘籲籲的,就好奇的去試挑一下她的擔子,並且異口同聲地道:「哦!還真的挺重的!」;小販會說一點點中文,就說:很重啊!要挑很遠的路從鄉下進城來;然後她主動掀開領口,讓我們看看她頸邊的肩膀,有老繭還有剛剛結痂的傷疤,都是長年挑扁擔留下來的;果然是「看人挑擔不吃力」,其實真的是非常辛苦的!

徵求她同意拍了幾張照片,她很大方,卻也沒有主動索取小費,看來還算挺純樸的,也沒因此就要求我們買她的鳳梨;

我小心翼翼的從「霹靂包」中掏出一塊錢美金的紙鈔,跟醉嫂使使眼色,不讓別人看到,也不讓那小販難為情的,捲成一小捲,偷偷摸摸的塞在她手裡,她要拿鳳梨,我輕輕搖搖手;她小楞了一下,終於懂得我們的意思,非常卑微的感謝我,又感謝醉嫂,我們同時輕輕搖搖頭,要她不用謝!

結果,我們從古寺參觀完出來時,早就忘了這種小事,而居然又碰到她,她大老遠又開始用力點頭的感謝我和醉嫂一次;反而讓我們非常不好意思,雖然一塊錢美金可以買她6顆小鳳梨,但是,折合台幣30元,早晨床頭小費或者送行李進房間就要用掉的,對我們觀光客而言,真的沒什麼,實在當不起這麼多的千恩萬謝。

結果,上了遊覽車準備離開時,我正坐在車窗邊,竟然看見她用眼睛在我們車上搜尋,看到我,又點頭默默感謝了一次;我朝她揮揮手,卻不敢再看她-----因為我心中感觸很深,其實,真的對我們只是小事,那一點點微不足道的錢,卻讓人家千恩萬謝,真的是百感交集,說實在的,我們真的幫不上她什麼忙的,這世間一定有很多這樣的善良純樸;需要幫忙也懂得感恩的人,可是,我們能做的永遠不夠多,怎能當得起什麼感謝呢?

這種情形,我在尼泊爾的「波卡湖」附近也遇到一次,同樣是百感交集,讓我那天晚餐都吃不下-----這個遭遇,下次有空續談。

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表